Thanks to all those who participated in or supported the team at the Prince William County (PWRC) Erg Sprints event on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
The coaches are proud of all of the participants, and we look forward to seeing our representation grow in the coming years
- For the women – Pasha, Brooke, Caroline, Alizé, Helina, Layton, Natalie, and Michelle
- For the men – Markus, Charles, Steven, Warner, Noah, Lincoln, John, and Jason
- Mixed relay – Markus, Charles, Pasha, Mackenzie
- Father/Daughter relay – Mr Carmody/Brooke;
- Mother/Daughter – Ms Manning/Mackenzie
Shout Out to those who placed
- Lincoln Trissell, 3rd (Freshman Men)
- Brooke Carmody, 3rd (16 & Under Women)
- Pasha McGuigan, 3rd (18 & Under Women)
- Charles Haver/Mackenzie Wiley/Pasha McGuigan/Markus Ferrell, 3rd (Mixed 2K Relay)
- Caroline Reze, 1st (Coxswain Race, Women)
- Nate/Brooke Carmody, 1st and set an event record (Father/Daughter Relay)
A special thanks to Ms. Heidi Gioseffi who captured the day with the slide show on the crew team’s photo site. Big thanks to Crew Booster President Ms. Linda Manning for supplying team snacks and water … and for jumping in, when her husband became ill, to compete along with her daughter in the parent/child relay. Hearty thanks to Coach Al Wilson and PWRC for hosting a well-orchestrated event.
The next two weeks will be busy as we get ready to go on the water at Lake Barcroft on Feb 19th, Presidents’ Day. Expect to do lightweight assessments, review the USRowing safety video, and complete novice swim tests, among other preseason requirements.
This week plan to attend the membership meeting at the JEB Stuart High School on Wednesday, February 13 at 7:00 p.m. (changed from Feb 7 due to inclement weather/school closing) as announced by the Boosters. Bring your parents, and a friend. Last chance for sign-ups.
For those who haven’t been active with the team, it’s not too late to join. We’ll update the contact list at the start of the season with the final membership.
Erg Sprints – World Rowing Indoor Championships
Two of our rowers, Isabelle Schrock and Steven Mullane, will be competing in Erg Sprints – World Rowing Indoor Championships at TC Williams on Feb 17th.
MOVE BOATS — ALL HANDS
Saturday, Feb 17th is the day we’ll move our equipment from Sandy Run and set up our training site at Lake Barcroft Beach 4. Plan to be available that day to get our equipment moved and set up to start the season.
See you Monday …
Stuart Crew. Rowing Strong for 50 Years.