Our season officially starts on Feb 19th, and we have much to accomplish this week. The coaches will provide more detail at conditioning; here are the highlights;
- Monday – USRowing Safety Video and discussion (VASRA requirement)
- Tuesday – Lightweight Assessments with Athletic Trainer (3:30 pm – men; 4:00 pm – women). Only those rowers ~155lb men/~135lb women (or below) will go to the trainer … check with your coach tomorrow to confirm your status.
- Tuesday – Membership Meeting at 7 pm (makeup for last week’s cancellation); Coaches-Captains pre-meeting at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday – Novice Swim test (Providence Rec Center) – will be administered by a Stuart Swim coach
- Saturday – Equipment movement from Sandy Run to Lake Barcroft. Our “Beach 4 training site” must be setup and ready to go for the first training day on Monday. Coaches will discuss timing; we will need rowers in place at Sandy Run at 9 am.
- Saturday – World Indoor Rowing Championships (TC Williams HS) – Stuart will be represented by two strong rowers in the 2K, Steven Mullane and Isabelle Schrock. Steven competes at 1:40 pm; Isabelle at 2:20 … please plan to support them.
- Monday — we’re on the water, rowers!
We have some rowers/parents who haven’t completed concussion training – completion is a requirement to row on Monday.
See you at practice …
Stuart Crew. Rowing Strong for 50 Years.